Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year 2008




We celebrate the New Year at our house with some of our good friends, Sam and Amberly Espinosa, Heather Blythe, and Tracy Juels. We started out with a good meal. Stephen grilled chicken and vegetable kabobs and some steak and shrimp, Amberly brought her famous Broccoli Salad and Cabbage Salad, Heather brought some delicious desserts and Tracy brought some good alcohol. We definitely pigged out, our last binge before the new year haha. We enjoyed our meal outside on the balcony with a great breeze. We then proceeded to the dining room where we chose our first game of the night-Outburst. It was the guys against the girls. It came down to the wire, but we beat them. We kept a watchful eye for the fireworks, but not yet. So we played Catch Phrase. Then we got interrupted by the fireworks and midnight. All across the bay on the mountainside fireworks were going off everywhere. The mountain was lit up, people were honking their horns and our neighbors were singing!!1 We put on our party masks and blew our horns. Afterwards we got back to our games and played Pictionary. It was again boys against girls. We were creaming them for a while until we decided to give them some pointers. They were having a little fit saying it wasn’t air. Amberly and I rock together at Pictionary. By the time we finished it was 3:00am. I don’t think I have stayed up that in late since I was young!!!!! : ) It was a great night and I had a lot of fun. Thanks to my friends who came over and brought in the new year with me.

No comments: